WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Skirt for DD1

Recipient: DD1
Designer: Yumiko Sakurai
Pattern: Caiden's Skirt
Source: ymymmytm
Due: Fairly soon
Colours: Variegated blues - colour "denim"
Yarn: James C. Brett "Marble", 100% acrylic, DK weight
WIP status: Just a few rows in
Pictures: None

2008-Jul-6
I finally got into the LYS and picked up a 4mm circular so I could keep going with this project.

The problem is, I can no longer remember what the heck my pattern adaptations were. I think I have notes kicking around somewhere, but I'm pretty sure they're very sparse. Sigh. I may have to re-calculate and re-start.

2008-Jun-20
DD1's been asking for me to knit her a skirt, and she wanted it out of the Marble yarn in the "Denim" colourway. Unfortunately I didn't have enough left over from my various KWB/TSF hats for a skirt, so I bought another ball last Saturday when I dropped into Knitters Attic on my way home.

As the basis for the project, I'm using the Caiden's skirt pattern, but have re-jigged the math to fit DD1, and modified it so that I'm knitting in the round instead of knitting the front and back flat and separately.

I was doing very well on this for about a day...until the cable needle snapped. CURSES! And I can't find another 4mm circular in the house. I know I have at least one...just can't find any of them, except one that's stuck in another project (and I know that if I replace that with something else to free up the 4mm circular, I will never remember that I should be using a 4mm when I return to the project).

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean