WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Jester Booties

Recipient: Unknown
Designer: Zoe Mellor
Pattern: Jester Booties
Source: Double Knits
Due: No deadline
Colours: White, blue, red
Yarn: Blue & red; Lewiscraft Innovation 80% acrylic/20% nylon sportweight; white: Bernat or Phentex 100% acrylic, sportweight
WIP status: Finishing cuff of first bootie

2008-May-14
Last week, when I was still feeling like a human being, I noticed that our neighbour ten doors up had this huge baby-foot-shaped balloon tied to one of the trees in their front yard congratulating them on their new arrival. Now, I'd met the mom of this family last summer when I was on mat leave and coming home from a nice walk with my baby. At the time, she was a few months away from going back to work after her first child. We exchanged names, I told her a few encouraging things about my experience going back to work and leaving the baby with a caregiver (she was dreading it, even though the caregiver was her mom...she had total confidence in her mother, she just didn't want to leave her child, which I can totally relate to). We told each other to drop round anytime, and haven't seen to each other since.

So I was delighted to hear of her new blessing, and immediately went home and cast on the kee-YOOT-est baby bootie pattern. It's "Jester Booties", from Zoe Mellor's "Double Knits" book.

I got this far before the yarn order arrived on Friday:



After that, as you've already read, life around here went completely to pot and I haven't picked the bootie up since. I think I shall just forget about giving the booties to my neighbour, chalk it up to Life Happening, and simply give her my warmest congratulations whenever I see her again.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean