Comfy Angel's Nest
Recipient: Baby ?
Designer: Audrey Paquin
Pattern: Comfy Angel's Nest
Source: Marmayarn
Completed: June 12, 2008
Colours: Variegated purple and cream
Yarn: Patons Knit 'n' Save 70% acrylic/30% nylon chunky weight
Ungiven status: To bring to my mom's so she can package up both our gifts
Notes: Adjusted so that I start the end at 21"
Pictures:

left open

tied closed
- 2008-Jun-20
- Buttons were mooched, and then sewn on. It's finished!
- 2008-Jun-11
- One absolutely lovely thing that's happened since my last blog entry is that my boss's wife had their second baby, and it's a girl! Hooray! So I was able to give them the girly tank top that I designed, leaving this sleepsack project for my cousin's forthcoming grandchild.
And it's coming along very nicely. In fact, it's all finished...except it has no buttons. This is because I have depleted my button stash to the point where I just don't have anything that will work with this garment. So I'm going to see if I can mooch some buttons off my mom. :)
- 2008-May-5
- I realised that I needed to do some more baby knitting. There are...
Hm. Wait just a second...
Chris, are you reading this? Get the heck off my blog now. You have a baby coming! Stop peeking!
(Not the most respectful way to speak to one's boss, sorry, man, but sometimes one needs to go to strange lengths to preserve the shroud of knitted gift mystery.)
Ahem.
You think he's gone now?
Okay. Then, to resume...
I returned to work last month after my mat leave to find that my director was expecting his second child. (Yay!) He told me not to knit anything for him, but I am going to totally ignore that because I am, well, me. What I really would like to give him is the Sweetness prototype - it's recently knitted, already washed, hasn't been worn by my baby daughter except for the photo shoot, and is too small for her now anyway. And I really want that top to go to a nice home, because I think it's deliciously pretty and I really, really love it. The downside of this plan, of course, is that this would be a really useless gift if the baby turns out to be a boy. So I need a backup plan.
I found this sleep sack pattern through Ravelry's awesome pattern search, and I think it's really cute. I'm making it bigger than the pattern calls for, because it's a rather warm item of clothing, completely inappropriate for spring and summer wear. So if I make it about 6-9 months size, that will do well for fall/winter for this baby.
Here is how it's going so far:

Cute, eh? And the good part is that if I don't end up using it for my boss' baby, I'll send it off to Australia where my cousin (once removed) is expecting her first baby, due this fall (her spring). Again, the timing will be perfect, since the size I'm making will fit the baby in Australia's fall/winter. Tadah, I win no matter what, because if this project ends up going to my boss, I'll simply make my cousin something else nice.
Labels: angelnest