WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Another DK hat

Recipient: Neighbour's son
Designer: Moi
Pattern: KWB/TSF Hat
Completed: March 29, 2008
Colours: Variegated browns and variegated grey/light blue/beige
Yarn: Marble
Ungiven status: I have to figure out an appropriate time to give it to him
Pictures:

2008-Apr-23
This one will be going to the neighbour kid/young man who inspired me to start making the thing in the first place. I just have to find the right moment to give it. Right as the winter is finishing and spring is starting doesn't exactly strike me as the perfect time, so I'll probably be waiting until the school year is over to make it more of a 'thanks for all your help with my kid in her first year of school' kind of thing.

2008-Mar-12
And since I don't know when to quit, and since my daughter's double knitted hat was (by her request) boring horizontal stripes, I started envisioning a double knitted hat with fun little fair isle-ish motifs. In a variegated yarn with smooth colour transitions so that it would look like fair isle, but actually be totally reversible. And then I got a whole bunch of other good ideas as to what to do with the hat and the pattern...so many that I'm going to wait until the next time I post to write about it. I will say only this:



Yeah, yeah, I'm planning to make more than one hat. So what. Don't tell The Schedule.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean