WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Branching Out

Recipient: DD1's teacher
Designer: Susan Pierce Lawrence
Pattern: Branching Out
Source: Knitty
Completed: November 4, 2007
Colours: TBD
Yarn: Zephyr Laceweight Wool-Silk 50% merino/50% tussah silk
Completed status: Currently being displayed at Knitters Attic; will take back once I'm ready to send it to school with DD1
Pictures:

2007-Nov-9
Done! Here it is blocking:



Hey, the observant among you may ask, did she buy blocking wires? Nope! My husband made those wires just for me (he just cut off lengths of a sufficiently thick-gauge wire and filed down the edges so they wouldn't catch on the knitting). They work very nicely and I like them a lot.

The scarf itself has blocked out to slightly shy of four feet long, and looks absolutely delicious.

2007-Oct-27
Bit by bit, I keep going on this.

2007-Oct-20
A few more repeats have been done on this. Nothing huge, but progress is progress.

2007-Oct-15
Coming along bee-yew-tifully!



The instructions call for 36 pattern repeats from a laceweight yarn, but I've done 12 repeats so far and I think I really just need about 24 or 25. So I'm very close to being done. Isn't it purty?

2007-Oct-10
DD1 has spoken - we are going with the 'violet' colourway. The shop didn't have it, so they ordered it in at breakneck speed and it was in before the weekend.

The yarn is knitting up into just the most gorgeously soft, gossamery fabric, but it is heck to work with - I don't know about you, but I find fine laceweight yarn on 5mm needles to be awkward. So it's going pretty slowly. I'm willing to accept that, though, because the finished project is verrry nice:



I've set myself a goal of doing one 10-row repeat every day. At that rate, I'll be done by early-mid November - loads of time.

2007-Sep-26
It's almost October, and Christmas is coming. (I know, those of you in denial don't want to hear me say it, but unfortunately, it's true.) I've started to make The List of all the people whom we gift, and all the gifts we want to give (there are a lot of blanks - making The List is the first step towards getting gift idea inspiration because we can see what we need to come up with). New on the list this year is DD1's kindergarten teacher. She is a very lovely woman in her 30s or 40s who pretty much looks exactly like a slightly rounder Meredith Baxter Birney. She would look stunning in blue-toned pastels, and I want to make her Branching Out in Zephyr Laceweight Wool-Silk. I'll give DD1 a choice of about three or four choice colours (violet, ice blue and teal are currently jumping out at me) and away we'll go. Can DD1 keep the secret between now and Christmas? Hopefully, yes. She's been doing well on other Christmas knitting secrets so far, so I think we'll be okay.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean