WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Slippers for DD1

Recipient: DD1
Designer: Juanita's Knit Shop, Longview
Pattern: Bulky Yarn Booty
Source: knitaddicted.com
Completed: August 27, 2007
Colours: Pinkish-red, more magenta, really
Yarn: Either Patons or Red Heart, 75% acrylic/25% wool, chunky weight
Completed status: She really likes them!
Pictures:

completed


'in action'

2007-Aug-28
I ripped this out again and restarted it using stocking stitch and the smallest size. I managed to get both slippers done with almost no yarn left over - triumph!

When DD first tried them on, they seemed to fit, although it was clear she'd be growing out of them fairly soon. However, she wore them last night (I discovered after I finished them that she wanted them not as house slippers, but to sleep in - so cute!) and it looked like they kept coming off because the heel isn't far enough up her foot. So, drat. However, none of that seems to bother her, she really likes them, which of course is the point. I may have to make new ones pretty soon, though.

2007-Aug-20
DD1 has requested red knitted slippers. I am trying to oblige. I have some pinkish-red chunky weight wool/acrylic left over from this project that looked like it might be enough for slippers for a four-year-old. I found this pattern and gave it a whirl. I like the pattern very, very much, it is dead dopey simple and quick. However, it uses up far too much yarn in the garter stitch for me to be able to make two slippers out of it. So my next move was to try using stocking stitch instead, but I also went up a size just to make absolutely sure they would fit. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to run out of yarn again doing it that way. I think I might stand a chance at having enough yarn for both slippers if I do stocking stitch in the smallest size. Stay tuned.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean