WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Dress socks #2 for DH

Recipient: DH
Designer: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Pattern: Yarn Harlot's Sock Recipe
Source: Knitting Rules!
Due: No due date
Colours: #1331, Black
Yarn: Scheepjes Invicta Extra, 75% wool/25% nylon, sock weight
WIP status: Working on toe on sock #1

2007-Aug-20
I got some of the toe done at the last sock class. It still needs a fair bit more decreasing before I can finish off the first sock.

2007-Aug-7
I hustled on this over the past few days and am now ready to start the toe for Wednesday's sock class! DH tried it on for me so I could confirm this. And after seeing the length of his toenails, I threatened to withhold any future handknitted socks until he could start trimming them on a regular basis. I swear, the length of them is actually frightening.

2007-Aug-5
Instead of just stopping at the end of the leg, I decided to complete the heel flap for the class to look at on Heel Day last Wednesday. Unfortunately, what with DD2 fussing during the class so much, I didn't get to demonstrate much of the heel turn on my own sock, so it hasn't progressed much beyond the flap.



I'm going to have to do some serious zooming along on this before Wednesday to get to the beginning of the toe.

2007-Jul-26
I needed my own sock project to demonstrate sock knitting techniques to my class with as we go, so I started this up. They'll be for DH...which I didn't take into account when I first started, and so cast on 64 stitches instead of 72. But I realised my mistake pretty quickly, ripped it back and started over. I shouldn't have any trouble getting to the heel starting point by next Wednesday.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean