White fuzzy blanket reincarnation
Recipient: baby Cherie
Designer: Unknown
Pattern: Unknown
Source: Redacted from DD1's white fuzzy blanket
Completed: August 21, 2007
Colours: Variegated soft pink, white, baby blue, mint and light yellow
Yarn: Unknown, probably 100% acrylic, worsted weight
Completed status: Mommy-to-be loved it!
Pictures:
- 2007-Aug-28
- Tuesday I wove in the ends, and then washed it with its sister blanket on Sunday right before the shower.
I wish I'd had enough yarn to make it bigger - as it was, I ended up using a little bit from an extremely similar ball of inherited yarn to finish off the last pattern repeat and do the top border. (You can kinda tell, but not much. The variegation went in the exact same order and almost all the colours were the same - just the green was more yellowy and there was a much longer run of orange.) However, it is plenty big enough to adequately cover a baby, and I guess also that its smaller size will make it more drag-around-able when the kid gets to be a toddler (if, of course, the child likes it enough to drag it around, which I certainly hope will be the case). The mommy-to-be really liked it.
- 2007-Aug-20
- Knitting is done. All that's left is to weave in the ends and wash it in Ivory Snow.
- 2007-Aug-7
- And on and on and on I go. I've finished 34 pattern repeats.
- 2007-Aug-5
- This is coming along very nicely.

I've finished the first ball of yarn, and it yielded 21 pattern repeats. The original blanket this is based on calls for 63 pattern repeats. However, since the remaining yarn is (guesstimately speaking) roughly the same amount as the first ball, I definitely won't make it that far. However, based on what it looked at at 21 repeats, 42 repeats will still probably give me a decently-sized baby blanket, so I'm not too stressed about it.
- 2007-Jul-26
- The slog continues.
- 2007-Jul-17
- I thought an update photo might be nice. Usually variegated yarns aren't my bag, but I really like how this is flowing:

- 2007-Jul-15
- This is what I've been working on when I have DD2 feeding or dozing (or both) in my arms, or more specifically, in the crook of my left elbow. I have to knit English style to do it, but hey, multitasking is still multitasking, even when the knitting is slower than usual. I've got almost 9 pattern repeats done out of 63 and am already worried about running out of yarn. Sigh.
- 2007-Jul-13
- I've been working on this in little bits here and there. It's growing, but not significantly enough to be photo-worthy.
- 2007-Jul-9
- One of the yarns I wanted to keep from the stash I inherited from my friend's grandmother was an acrylic, probably worsted weight, in a very nice variegation of baby colours: white, soft pink, baby blue, mint and light yellow. There's quite a bit of it, probably enough for a blanket. I thought it would be nice to use it for the re-creation of the white fuzzy blanket that my daughter loves so much. So again, delayed gratification was not something I was willing to endure:

I had a lot of pooling there for a while, but I started to knit a touch more loosely and it seems to have eased up.
I'm not sure whom this will be for. DD2 is the logical person, but I also have a baby shower coming up later this summer and, depending on how much knitting I can get done between now and then, I might need to use this project as my gift.
- 2007-Jun-14
- My older daughter has this white knitted baby blanket that I got at my shower. It was made by a friend of my mom's, and it's absolutely lovely. I particularly loved it because it was not only pretty, but also, it matched the nursery decor. DD1 has also developed a great affection for it, and when she and I were going through all the baby blankets prior to DD2's birth, this was the one that she decided she wanted to keep for herself.
The blanket itself has a very simple lace pattern, and yesterday I charted it. So I can make a copy of the blanket whenever I want. (I figure this is very important for DD1's emotional well-being just in case the original gets lost or destroyed.) Unsurprisingly, Startitis is telling me that the time I want to start it is NOW.
However, I'm thinking I'd like to make the first copy for DD2, using some very pretty pink/blue/white variegated acrylic from my friend's grandmother's stash. So we'll see. Right now this is just in the planning stage.