WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

The Poncho

Recipient: DD1
Designer: Unknown
Pattern: The Poncho
Source: Top Down for Toddlers
Completed: June 29, 2007
Colours: White and variegated white/mint/pale indigo/indigo
Yarn: Zellers 100% acrylic sportweight
Completed status: She loves it!
Pictures:

completed


'in action'

2007-Jul-3
Done!

I think it looks spectacular on her. Her colouring suits the yarn perfectly, and all the variegated yarn is now gone. Hooray for stash reduction!

We tossed it over DD1 last night when we were leaving my parents, to keep her warm as we brought her out into the car. Alas, the teeny sewing I'd done on one side to make a closed-up hole for her hands to go through burst open on the first wearing...but this is no big deal. Easy and quick fix.

2007-Jun-22
Coming along! I think I'm just an inch or two away from being able to start the bottom edging:


2007-Jun-17
Work continues. I have to do a total of 13" with the variegated colour. After that, I start the edging. At the last measurement, I'd done about 10". Slowly, the finish line approaches!

2007-Jun-14
I really must stop browsing through my copy of Cabin Fever's Top Down for Toddlers. Every time I do it, I come away with something new on the needles. This time it's "The Poncho". I decided this was the perfect opportunity to burn through some variegated sportweight acrylic I had kicking around in the stash. So far, it's working:



I throught making the neck and hem solid white would add some pizzazz. So far, I like it a lot. Unfortunately, each row keeps getting bigger and bigger, so it takes longer and longer to make progress. But it's still a pretty quick knit.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean