WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Baby dress

Recipient: Probably DD2
Designer: Moi
Pattern: Untitled
Due: Unknown
Colours: Unknown
Yarn: Unknown
Planned status: Swatching
Pictures: None

2007-Jun-17
I started in on a second swatch for the edging, this time using the leftover denim yarn from DD1's Carnival Coat, which looked like it would 'pop' cables better. It does...but I'm still not achieving the look that I want. (Curses.) I do have a few more ideas before I give up and just do a simple braid cable instead.

2007-Jun-14
I haven't done any of the designing that The Schedule has dictated for me for this year yet, so I figured I'd better get on it. Unfortunately, I haven't started up any of the design projects that The Schedule says I should. Instead, I dug up some old pattern notes I worked out for a baby dress. Right now I'm swatching out the chart for the large cable that I want to use as the hem, using some cream sportweight acrylic. It's looking okay, but the cables aren't 'popping' as much as I want them to. So I'm thinking of going with a different yarn. Time to stash-dive!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean