Snuggly romper for 'Eleven'
Recipient: Eliizabeth Sperling-Baines
Designer: Unknown - will check
Pattern: Unknown - will check
Source: Unknown - will check
Completed: May 2, 2007
Colours: Mint green and canary yellow
Yarn: Zellers 100% acrylic yarn, sport weight
Completed status: Waiting until she's big enough to actually wear it
Pictures:

'In action'

I can't stand how adorable she is in this thing. It's pure cuddle inspiration. Okay, I can't resist. One more shot.

Front

Back
- 2007-Nov-19
- And finally, we have a project that was finished long ago, but which only recently became the right size for its intended recipient.
- 2007-May-3
- Buttons were procured. Romper is complete!
- 2007-Apr-30
- I hit a standstill partway through the body because I ran out of the green yarn. DH was sent out to restock my supply, but came back empty-handed (curse you, my local Zellers, you never have what I need). So, last week I packed up DD2 and some items for returning and went to a different Zellers. I got credit on the returns, bought some light switch extenders, a set of 2 kites for DD1's upcoming birthday, and...green yarn, hurray!
(And you know, it's amazing how much attention you get when you're out with a baby who is obviously very new. Lots of smiles and nice, friendly comments; and the lady ahead of me in the line at the customer service desk even let me bud in ahead of her!)
Anyway, armed with a fresh supply of the green yarn, I was able to continue. I did have a few nasty moments where it looked like I was also going to run out of yellow, but I found a few teeny-tiny skeins left over from an intarsia project and another trip to Zellers was avoided.
Unfortunately, I once again ran into a button problem - nuthin' in the stash. So all I have is this:

All sewn up but no way to close it at the front so it'll stay on the baby. On the other hand, even though I made it in the smallest size, it would probably fall right off DD2 anyway because it's so huge on her:

So I don't exactly need to run out and get buttons right away.
I have also made a most excellent discovery. For some time I've been hankering after Knit Klips, so that I can pseudo-baste my knitting and make the sewing up slightly less painful (not to mention better-looking, since they would help avoid puckering and over-stretching along seams). Suddenly though, it occurred to me that I could use binder clips instead - which we actually have a lot of, in multiple colours, thanks to my MIL (who gifted us with a whole bunch of office supplies a while back, for reasons I cannot precisely remember - I think she might have won them or gotten them as a gift and thought we could use them).
And indeed, it turned out that this was a righteously good idea:

It works particularly well when setting in sleeves:

And if you've ever had to set in sleeves, you know what a b***h that is to do. But look at what a great result I got!

So...binder clips, people, binder clips. Easy to buy and inexpensive to boot.
- 2007-Apr-10
- Schedule? What Schedule? To heck with that...I wanted to make something small and cute for the baby and I wanted it super-fast. I chose an ever-reliable baby romper pattern in garter stitch, and did a bit of stash-diving. I decided to go with DH's favourite colours. So far, I have this: