Bayerische socks
Recipient: Unknown
Designer: Eunny Jang
Pattern: Bayerische
Source: www.eunnyjang.com
Due: No due date yet
Colours: "Wedgewood": steel blue with black and white flecks
Yarn: Scheepjes Invicta Extra
WIP status: Working on leg of sock #1
- 2007-Jul-13
- I came across these yesterday while in our workroom and came to the conclusion that even though technically they do fit my legs, the stretch is truly too much and I should be making them bigger. So I'm going to rip out everything I've done so far and cast on again with 2.75mms instead of 2mms. It's a lot of work to destroy, but since the point is to have usable socks at the end of the process, it's gotta be done.
- 2007-May-19
- I got enough work done on the leg that I figured I could try the sock on and get a pretty accurate idea of how snugly they would fit. Turns out they are barely big enough for me, so I'm not even going to bother seeing how they'd fit on DH. While this does mean that I get to keep the cool socks for my very own self, it does mean that I have to stress about finishing off another pair of socks in time for DH's birthday in two and a half weeks. Ack.
- 2007-May-10
- In a desperate attempt to have an impressive project to work on in front of other knitters, I started these. They are extremely fiddly and slow going, but very, very handsome.

I'm still not sure whom they're going to be for, though. DH's birthday is coming up soon (panic!), but I'm not sure they'll fit him. I'll have to wait until I get a bit more done, so I can try them on and see how they fit my calves. If they fit nicely, DH is SOL and I'll have to do panic knitting for him on another pair. If they're loose, I will have to accept that the socks were not meant for me.
- 2007-Apr-10
- So then, I was reading through the Yarn Harlot's blog about a week and a half ago and came upon the story of Meredith, whose first sock (pictured on the blog) was absolutely INCREDIBLE, and which inspired instant thoughts of, "It must be mine!". I tracked it down and it turns out the pattern is Eunny Jang's Bayerische, and I must make it. MUST. I will be using the new blue yarn that just came in from Yarn Forward. I'm not sure whom it will be for - I think I'd like it to be for DH, but if the sizing turns out to be too small for him (I haven't really read through the pattern in any detail yet to know what the deal is with that) I will totally be snarfing them for my own damn self.