WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Baby Leggings

Recipient: 'Eleven'
Designer: Patons
Pattern: Leggings
Source: "Cherished Knits" booklet #762
Due: Baby due April 10, 2006
Colours: White
Yarn: Zellers 100% acrylic, fingering weight
WIP status: First leg complete, working on second leg

2007-Mar-13
Well, firstly, before the baby actually gets born (2.5 weeks until I'm full-term! Augh!), I would like to explain to you all why we have been calling this fetus 'Eleven'. It's definitely not a self-explanatory nickname like 'Bump' or 'Junior'. So here's how it went down.

We announced the news to my family at Thanksgiving dinner, at my parents' place. The plan was to sequester ourselves in my parents room for a few minutes, tell DD, and then let HER have the fun of telling the rest of the family. Everything went very much according to plan. She went absolutely wild at the news, and when I asked if she wanted to run out and tell my grandmother and aunts, I swear she achieved light speed on her way outta there. :) So anyway, fast forward to the evening, when we put DD to bed in my parents room so she could get a head start on sleep until we were ready to go home. She was saying good-night to everyone, and I saw a good opportunity to get her to practice counting stuff.

"How many people are here, sweetie?" I asked.

She went all around the room and correctly counted ten people. Then someone said, "What about the baby?"

"Oh, yeah!" she said, pointing to my tummy. "Eleven!"

And it stuck.

(Fortunately, I believe DD has fully grasped the concept that Eleven is not going to be the baby's ultimate name after it emerges from me. She has, in fact, suggested some names of her own, some of which are kind of neat and some of which - like 'Tennennininaninina' - are not.)

So that's the story.

Anyhoo, back to knitting...I've moved ahead on knitting the second leg of these leggings, and am now approaching the foot. With any luck, I'll actually have done something for this poor, un-knitted-for child by the time it arrives. (Did I mention just 2.5 weeks until I'm full-term? I'm FREAKING OUT!)

2007-Feb-20
This saw a teeny bit of progress last Monday at my parents' house, since the Elizabethan Jacket was stalled and since I couldn't work on my mom's shawl in front of her.

2006-Oct-24
Yes, I have ignored the importunings of The Schedule and the knowledge that I must finish my Christmas knitting, and I've started knitting for the new baby. (Its nickname around here is 'Eleven'. There is a perfectly logical explanation for this which I might get into at a later date.)



This ridiculous-looking thing - which curls like crazy if you look at it sideways - is almost half of a pair of baby leggings. It is simple, cute, and, despite being done in fingering weight on 3.25mms, is fairly quick.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean