WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Orenburg Style Shawl

Recipient: Unknown
Designer: Wendy Engstrom
Pattern: Orenburg Style Shawl
Source: Fiberholics Central
Due: No due date
Colours: Steel blue, maybe soft grey for the border
Yarn: 100% alpaca, fingering weight
WIP status: Started

2006-Jul-18
This is the result of my frantic hunt for a crazy, new, inspiration-laden project. Originally I cast on according to the instructions (bottom border first), and then decided I wasn't up to figuring out how to turn the corners - I think I just wanted something mindless yet insanely gorgeous and stunning. Besides, when I am already stumbling over endless lace border repeats in another project, why heap on more of the same? Dammit, I just wanted to dive right in to the insanely involved lace part. So instead I'm just going to knit the centre first. I'll figure out the border later. Given that I have no idea if I have enough blue alpaca to finish the whole thing, this is probably a good idea. Hopefully I'll have enough to do the centre, and if it looks then like I'm running out of blue, I'll do the border with the grey alpaca - I've got tons of that. (The blue and grey alpaca, BTW, are leftover from this project.)



(It'll get bigger, I promise. Especially once I stop leaving the damn pattern at work every night.)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean