WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Sweater with patterned arms

CANCELLED.

Recipient: Maybe me
Designer: Meself
Pattern: As yet untitled, although I might call it "Milai"
Due: No due date
Colours: Unknown
Yarn: Unknown
Cancelled status: Someone invented it before I did! :)
Pictures: None

2008-Jul-6
I've been meaning to blog about this one for some time but keep forgetting. Some time ago, I mentioned that I'd been inspired by a co-worker's sweater to design something really cool. I had in mind strips of intricate stranded motifs down the sleeves, and cool texture patterns on the body. It was a great idea and I figured it would be a great success.

Until, shortly after joining Ravelry, I was cruising through patterns, and found the Rannoch Dress (you'll need Ravelry access to get to that link), by Marie Wallin, from Rowan 42. It's gorgeous and almost exactly what I'd envisioned, in dress form, so I've given up on this design project. :) (If it's already gorgeous, why design another one?)

2005-Mar-21
On Friday, one of my co-workers wore a fantastic sweater to work. At least, I thought it was great. Solid colour body, with maybe a little bit of subtle texture patterning (can't remember that part too well). But the sleeves had multi-colour patterning on them - many different patterns, too, going down the sleeve in stripes. There was also fringe at the cuffs and hem. It looked great! I don't have a pattern, I don't have colours in mind, I'm not even 100% sure whether such a sweater would even end up in my possession (although that would be excellent). I only know that at some point in the future, I would like to make one.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean