WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Preemie burial gown

Recipient: St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto
Designer: Terry Kimbrough
Pattern: Burial Gown to Knit
Source: The Care Wear Pattern and Information Site
Completed: March 31, 2005
Colours: White
Yarn: Zellers acrylic, worsted weight
Completed status: Given May 28, 2005
Pictures:

front (I put a decorative button on the bodice because the knitting was noticeably loose around that area and it didn't look too good)

back

2005-Jun-6
I completely forgot to mention last week that I was able to hand this over to my friend who works at St. Mike's. (She came to DD's birthday party.) It was greatly appreciated and I am sure it will be distributed appropriately.
2005-Apr-1
Done! All seams are sewn, all ends are darned in, all buttons are on. I shall have to call up my friend who works at St. Mike's and use my need to hand over the gown to her as an excuse for us to have lunch. :)
2005-Mar-31
I was hoping to get this finished last night so I could cross it off my list. I did get the sleeve seams sewn together, and the sleeves sewn into the armholes. But when I went to find the pattern so I could be sure of how to finish the rest of it, I couldn't find it! And I hunted, lemme tell you. I went through many piles of paper around the house. I scoured the Internet (where I originally found the pattern), using every search term I could think of that was in this pattern. No luck. Finally this morning as DD was finishing her breakfast, I realised that in all my hunting, I hadn't found any of the other preemie patterns in my possession, either. Hmmm. Then I started to remember that a while back, I'd grouped all my preemie patterns together and put them in a new compartment in my binder of baby patterns (which, incidentally, I had already searched, in the 'dresses', 'ensembles' and 'miscellaneous' sections). Back I went to the binder, and voilĂ  - there was a preemie section right at the front of the book, and in that section was the pattern. Triumph. I hope to finish sewing it tonight. I only hope I have some buttons that will suit.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean