WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Persian Tiles afghan

Recipient: My master bedroom
Designer: Jade Starmore
Pattern: Persian Tiles
Source: A Collector's Item
Colours: Deep plum and cream
Yarn: Red Heart acrylic yarn, worsted weight
Cancelled status: Frogged after doing 2.5 pattern sets

2005-Mar-14
I worked up the gumption to talk to my husband about this project on the weekend. He surprised me by being really blasé about the idea. "Yeah, that makes sense," he said, when I said we didn't really need an afghan since we now had a comforter. I thought he'd get all upset at the idea of my frogging huge amounts of work. Nope. Just a little teeny bit of regret on the subject, and a brief, "As long as you're okay with it." Sigh. And I thought I knew him. The afghan is no longer. Instead, it looks like this:

Rest in peace.
2005-Feb-15
I've been considering axing this project lately. Now that we have a comforter on our bed, DH is no longer complaining about how cold he is at night (in fact, quite the opposite - he regularly throws off the bedspread on his half to avoid sweating buckets). So we no longer really need an afghan. I'm a bit reluctant to frog this because I've spent so much time on it already, and it is a very kickass pattern. However, it would free me of some WIP guilt, and would let me do my Persian tiles shawl project for my grandma without feeling, "Oh lord, not this pattern again, will it ever end?" :) It will probably take me a few weeks to work up the courage to really be okay with cancelling this project. I suspect that my husband, on the other hand, will never let me hear the end of it.
2005-Feb-2
No progress, just a photo. Isn't the pattern awesome?
As of 2004-Nov-08
This is my first steeking project. !!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean