WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Yoked sweater

Recipient: Jack Rosatelli
Designer: Patons
Pattern: Unknown - will check
Source: Unknown - will check
Completed: January 22, 2005
Colours: White and forest green
Yarn: White Zellers 100% acrylic, sportweight. Green Innovation 80% acrylic 20% nylon, sportweight.
Completed status: Born February 7, 2005, given February 14, 2005
Thank-you note:
Thank you very much for the sweaters you knit for Jack. They are both so beautiful + will keep him toasty warm. Thank you again
Picture of completed project:
Completed

2005-Feb-15
I brought this to work yesterday along with a gift bag and some tissue paper. I wrapped it and put it on his desk next to the MAMMOTH gift basket that our department bought for him. So it is now officially "given" and off my plate. Hooray!
2005-Jan-23
Done! I think it looks great. Photos to come.
2005-Jan-21
Neck ribbing is finished, cast off, folded inwards, and sewn down. I'm now weaving in ends and fixing up some unsightliness around the underarms where the body meets the yoke. Almost done!
2005-Jan-20
Got about three-quarters of an inch done on the neck ribbing last night. This sweater is now so close to completion that I didn't want to bring it in to work, because I'd just finish it early in the day and then have nothing to knit on the commute home. Just a bit more ribbing to do, some weaving-in of ends, and then I can check this project off me list!
2005-Jan-18
I have a photo!
In progress, 2005-01-17
In this shot, the yoke is complete and the ribbed neckline is ready to be started. I have since begun the first row of the ribbed neckline, but that's all - so, not much difference from how much is done in this picture. It's really coming along - I'm almost done.
2005-Jan-17
You would think I had never knitted before, the way I'm screwing this pattern up right, left and centre! It's unbelievable. I'm dropping stitches, skipping pattern rows, messing up pattern repeats - it's a nightmare. And the twist of the knife is that this pattern isn't even hard! I really don't know how I'm managing to make all these mistakes. Perhaps I did something to mess up my knitting karma, I don't know. But I can tell you that if Rob doesn't like this sweater, I may lose it on him. :)
2005-Jan-14
First sleeve is done, and I pieced together the body and the first sleeve for the yoke. I'm now working on the second sleeve.
2005-Jan-13
I'm about 5 rows from the end of sleeve #1. I seem to have gained some measure of control over my tendency to screw up the pattern. I'm not relaxing my vigillance on that point, though.
2005-Jan-12
This pattern is pissing me off. Or rather, it is my inability to follow this pattern that is pissing me off. Particularly, the fact that it is a simple pattern and I keep screwing it up is pissing me off. Every other row, the pattern calls for a K3, P1 repeat. And I have now developed the highly annoying habit of doing K2, P1 instead at some point along the row...and not noticing it at all until two rows later. I am really sick of having to correct this mistake. And there's still another sleeve to do after this one. Sob.
2005-Jan-11
The pre-yoke body is now complete. I am now working on the cuff ribbing of sleeve #1. Can I just say that 34 stitches on DPNs is ever so mini!
2005-Jan-10
I got back into this last night and this morning - there's now about 4.5" of the body completed. Two more inches until the armholes.
2004-Nov-22
Well, apparently the ultrasound says this baby is going to be a boy. Personally, I don't believe it. The last, like, ten babies born to people in this department have all been girls. Even one baby that an ultrasound said was going to be a boy turned out to be a girl. So my theory is that either the ultrasound is wrong, or my co-worker is going to be getting a new job in another department before the baby is born! However, I'm not going to make a dress or anything like that just to be pigheaded about my theory. I've decided on a very nice two-coloured textured sweater Patons pattern. I'll be doing it in forest green and white. My co-worker has strong colouring (Italian) and although I think his wife is fairer, their child stands a good chance of being able to wear forest green very well. I'm going to alter the colour scheme a bit, though - the pattern calls for mostly a single colour throughout, with a bit of a motif in a secondary colour on the yoke. I'm going to change it up to make the forest green more prominent - the bottom of the sweater will be white, then the yoke will change to forest green and the secondary colour on the yoke will be white. It should look pretty stunning. I'm currently about 4 rows away from being done the ribbing at the bottom - niftily enough, the pattern calls for knitting in the round, which will make the project even more fun than I originally anticipated.
As of 2004-Nov-08
I'm waiting to find out what the ultrasound told them about the sex of the baby - another of my co-workers is making discreet inquiries. :) If it's a girl I have a vague idea for a fancy-cable and textured dress that I'd like to hash out.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean