WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Ljod cardigan

Recipient: Moi
Designer: Elsebeth Lavold
Pattern: Ljod
Source: The Viking Knits Collection
Due: No date
Colours: Teal green, pewter buttons
Yarn: Lavold Silky Wool - silk/wool blend, sport weight
WIP status: Back finished, all of left front done except for neckline
Other Ljods:

  • by Roberta
  • by Erika

    2008-May-5
    I don't think I've actually worked on this any more since my last blog post, but I have taken an updated picture:



    2008-Apr-23
    Faced with absolutely NOTHING ELSE I could take on my commute today, I packed this.

    I swear, every single time I pull this project back out I am surprised by how much I enjoy it. Why do I keep being surprised by this? The yarn is gorgeous, the pattern is terrific, it knits up very quickly...and yet, when I'm not working on it, for some reason I consider it this big drag that I don't feel like getting back to. My psychology is weird, I tell you, weird.

    Again, unfortunately, no pictures of the progress on this, but I've gotten far enough along on the left front that I've finished the cable pattern and am approaching the end of the decreasing for the hips.

    2007-Sep-18
    We went to visit my MIL on Sunday, so I had to bring out something different to knit. It obviously couldn't be my MIL's Christmas cardigan or my DH's Christmas sweater, so I had to think of something else, and this project won. As a result, I have a completed back:



    and a started left front:



    2007-Jan-5
    And now...a picture:


    2007-Jan-2
    Since my daughter's shrug project is on hold, I was looking around last night for something to work on at my parents' place, and this caught my interest. So I did several inches on it after DD went to bed and we were all shooting the breeze. Then this morning, I didn't have time to pack up DH's 2007 Christmas present project (which would have been more faithful to The Schedule), so I brought good ol' Ljod instead. I'm finished the armhole shaping and am working my way up towards the shoulders.

    (Dammit, I forgot to take a picture. Oh, well. Sorry. Picture forthcoming.)

    Last night at my parents', I started trying to do this in continental, but quickly switched back to English in order to take full advantage of the hand of the yarn. When I throw, the yarn passes through my hands more fully and I generally just get to touch the yarn more. With most projects, I consider speed to be more important than communing with the yarn, but Silky Wool is just such a pleasure to touch that for this project, I am totally willing to sacrifice speed for getting to feel up the yarn.

    2005-Jan-25
    No progress, but I did take this picture of what I've done so far:
    2004-Nov-16
    Okay, I didn't actually get any work done on this, but I did fish the project out so my mom could feel it. Boy do I want to get back to this project! The yarn is sooo yummy...
    As of 2004-Nov-08
    A low priority project that will take a long time to complete. But DH is really hoping to see me in it soon, and MIL bought me some awesome pewter-looking buttons to use, so maybe I'll prioritize this after Christmas?

    Labels:

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home


    KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

    My Designs

    ad-kwbtsfhat
    NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
    Buy now!
    ad-sweetness
    NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
    Buy now!
    ad-childlegs
    Child Legs
    ad-dkblanket
    Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
    ad-aroundtheblock
    Around the Block baby blanket
    Buy now!
    ad-leafponcho
    Leafy Baby Poncho
    Buy now!
    ad-lacyribs
    Lacy Ribs Scarf
    Buy now!
    ad-losthat
    'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
    ad-arabesque
    Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
    ad-argyle
    Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
    ad-cafepress
    "Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

    Webrings

    Knitter's Review Member
    List | Previous | Next | ?

    Knitting Bloggers
    Previous | Next

    GTA Knit Blogs
    Previous | Next | Join | List
    Powered by RingSurf

    Great Blogs

    Cast On

    The Panopticon

    Rick Mercer's Blog

    Yarn Harlot

    Link Me

    WIP 
Insanity

    Powered by Blogger

    "Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
    --Arthur McLean