WIP Insanity
Individual pages for knitting projects from my main WIP Insanity blog

Elizabeth I sweater

Recipient: Moi
Designer: Alice Starmore
Pattern: Elizabeth I
Source: Tudor Roses
Due: No date
Colours: Forest green
Yarn: Knit Knack 66% cashmere, 34% cotton, sport weight when doubled
WIP status: Started

2005-Feb-2
No progress, just a close-up photo:
2005-Jan-12
Note to self - I have put this project on "stitch holders" to free up the 3mms for the Spanish Knight project. Self, keep in mind that when you go back to this project, you will need to put it back on the 3mms. End of note to self.
2004-Dec-06
Got a little bit more done on this - the bottom hem curve shaping is now complete and I'm about to start the first dart.
2004-Nov-22
I finished the tension swatch. The row gauge is perfect. The stitch gauge is out. AUGH! Doncha hate it when that happens? However, it's only out by two stitches every four inches, and since this is a pretty small sweater, and since I am a pretty small person, the loss of one or two inches around the circumference is not going to ruin it for me. In fact, it will probably make it fit better. So I've started. I've got about an inch and a half done so far.
2004-Nov-19
Work proceeds on the tension swatch - I'm close to finishing. However, I've been checking the gauge as I go and it looks like the yarn is a little small. Waaaaahhh! But, given the size of the completed project given in the pattern and the fact that I am very small myself, I can probably still make the yarn work. I shall finish up the swatch and see where I am once it's done.
2004-Nov-18
Finished enough of another project that I was able to free up my 3mm straights last night! I have now begun to do a tension swatch using the cashmere/cotton blend doubled. I'm only a few rows into that, but it looks so far like I'm getting gauge, which is wonderful.
2004-Nov-15
As mentioned, doubling the forest green cashmere/cotton blend for my mom's Spanish Knight sweater will not give me enough yarn (I have to double it to get the right gauge). But it will be enough for this project (which also requires doubling). So, hooray! I've officially got a yarn! Unfortunately, I can't start this project because my 3mm straights are beingused in the cream Stornaway sweater. But as soon as they are free, I'm starting this, bay-bee!
As of 2004-Nov-08
I'm not sure what I want to do it in - but I've got a gorgeous forest green cashmere/cotton blend from Knit Knack Yarns on eBay that I could probably double up to make it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


KEC>CmR+++>$ Exp+++ SPM++ Syn+ Nov- Cot Wool+ Lux+++ Stash+ Scale++ Fin Ent-- FI+ Int Tex++ Lace++ Felt Flat+ Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch@ KIP+++ Blog++ FO++ WIP+++ AltX+SwSp-

My Designs

ad-kwbtsfhat
NEW: KWB/TSF Hat (Doctors Without Borders fundraiser)
Buy now!
ad-sweetness
NOW FOR SALE: Sweetness
Buy now!
ad-childlegs
Child Legs
ad-dkblanket
Reversible Celtic Patterns Baby Blanket (PDF, 2.4MB)
ad-aroundtheblock
Around the Block baby blanket
Buy now!
ad-leafponcho
Leafy Baby Poncho
Buy now!
ad-lacyribs
Lacy Ribs Scarf
Buy now!
ad-losthat
'Honey, I lost my hat' Hat
ad-arabesque
Arabesque Baby Blanket (PDF, 142K)
ad-argyle
Baby Argyle Cardigan (PDF, 167K)
ad-cafepress
"Calliglorify" shop at cafepress.com

Webrings

Knitter's Review Member
List | Previous | Next | ?

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

GTA Knit Blogs
Previous | Next | Join | List
Powered by RingSurf

Great Blogs

Cast On

The Panopticon

Rick Mercer's Blog

Yarn Harlot

Link Me

WIP 
Insanity

Powered by Blogger

"Don't quibble with me, I'm dreaming in technicolour."
--Arthur McLean